Monday, 31 December 2007

Currently Reading.

I may be the only one that does this, but I love reading several books at the same time, which is why I will most probably never have one book under my 'currently reading' list. It completely depends on my mood and where I am. I will try to review each book I have finished, without spoiling the story, which is something I may tend to do!

I recently finished Lucky, by Alice Sebold. I read her other book, 'The Lonely Bones' a while ago and absolutely loved it (and very happy to find out that it is actually going to be turned into a film!) .. so I hinted to my boyfriend that I wanted any books that she had written, for Christmas. I wanted 'Lucky' as it was her 'first' book and didn't read anything else about it, and expected it to be something quite lighthearted, but I was in for a shock!

It is a memoir of her rape when she was 17, very detailed and disturbing and also explains the rape trial. I won't say too much, but after the trial verdict was stated, I expected that that was the end of the memoir and only had a few pages left, but something else happened. It was a great book, which is what I expected, and looking foward to reading her recently released one, 'The Almost Moon'.
Post a Comment