Friday, 4 January 2008

ACEOs.

Yes! I love them and I'll constantly be mentioning them! I don't think I explained the whole ACEO concept clearly in my last post, so here it is. The main rule is that it basically has to measure 2.5" x 3.5", that's it really. Simple. I read pretty much the whole of this ACEO site: http://www.art-cards.org/

I think majority of people prefer original ACEOs to reproductions, and I truly, deeply admire people who can paint/draw beautiful things on such a small scale. All of my ACEOs have come from A3/A4 artwork! Although I am going to try doing some originals soon. One Etsy seller that I keep going back to browse and would really love to buy from is TheBrilliantMagpie , her work is so beautiful with a few 1920's references (they caught my eye first), and I will one day buy one of her oil painting ACEOs. This is one of my favourites and can't stop looking at it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have listed a group of ACEOs in my Etsy shop called 'Twilight', this is my favourite group of illustrations which I think is because I adhered to using traditional methods for the main image, ink and pencil, which I try to all the time, but I would say I am strongest using digital methods. I found this image of a 1920s showgirl, and it had so much energy and life to it, that it ended up being an inspiration for the collection. I love sequins, love how it manipulates light.
The illustration below is my favourite out of this collection. When I was younger, I had such a hard time drawing a decent looking body, and faces and hands were a nightmare, so I guess I am just quite proud of the outcome of this one. I love the dress and am thinking of actually making it!.. I'm just trying to source some nice-but-not-overly-expensive feathers.
Post a Comment