Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Getting back to Fashion.

I absolutely love dresses, I wear them all the time. I love the fact it is just one piece of clothing and a complete outfit all-in-one. If I'm not wearing dresses, (which is getting rarer and rarer) it takes me absolutely ages figuring out what top to wear or what jeans/skirt to wear.
So, I wanted to share my obsession and in the past couple of weeks, I have been gathering lots of my unused fabrics and also buying some more to make some dresses to sell in my Etsy shop! While I had all my fabrics sprawled out, three instantly caught my eye, navy crepe de chine, navy and ivory plaid georgette and just for a bit of pizazz, cerise crepe de chine!
This is the first dress I made for my Etsy Shop, completely from scratch (well actually, I made another but the fit wasn't correct so had to cut into it to sort the problem out, and to apply it to my pattern).. I wanted definitive waist emphasis, as that's mainly the sort of style I personally like, but also keeping it light and airy, so you can still run for the bus if you need to! I prefer sleeveless styles as then you have the option of layering without it being too stuffy and you could easily wear it whatever the season! The dresses I own can be worn all year round, day or night... they are so convenient!! Also, I don't really like fastenings, I like dresses to be like t-shirts, where you just pop on and go! This dress is pretty much ready for wearing, although I only just need to double hem the three tiered skirt section, hemming takes so long so I leave it last!
.. but (there's always a but)... in the last second of it being completely finished, I cut a miniscule hole! Luckily, it's only in the lining (completely invisible from the outside) and I patched it up, but now I think I will just keep it for myself... or I might sell it discounted... I'm unsure... but I would like to keep it for myself... and at this rate, am I ever going to have any dresses for sale?

Post a Comment