Wednesday, 7 May 2008

Film Review - Ironman.

This film was excellent. So much better than I thought. I originally wasn't sure if I could cope with Robert Downey Jnr's monotone voice as it had put me to sleep 5 times while I was watching A Scanner Darkly on DVD, same thing happened again when I was watching Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus, although that was a very fascinating film, I do recommend it.

However, I think from watching those previous films, I became sort of, immune to the monotonousness and thoroughly enjoyed the film, and actually found that the monotonousness made things funnier than they were actually supposed to me, if that makes sense.

Gwyneth Paltrow's character 'Pepper Potts' who plays Tony Starks' (RDJ) assistant, was quite boring as a character and dull to watch at the beginning.
A little while more into the film however, she seemed to be getting more and more glamorous..

...her clothing became more fitted, heels got higher and hair got sleeker. I found myself laughing to myself for noticing these things! By the end of the film, I really liked her character and she was definitely sidekick material!

I recommend this film to all the family. I went with my little sister and older brother, and we were chuckling all the way through, although some parts were supposed to be quite serious!

Post a Comment