Friday, 9 May 2008

What my father made.

If you have been following my blog from the very beginning, you may know that my father is a jeweller, and has been for around 40 years. I occasionally like to design things for him to make and the results always exceeds my expectations.
For example, he made a sterling silver belt buckle for me when I couldn't win the original, wooden, vintage one I found on eBay, so I saved the image and worked out the dimensions. You can read all about it in the link above.

So, a lovely lady wanted to buy a Sapphire ring (that my father made, and was in my Etsy shop) for her wedding, but also wanted my father to make a simple, satin finished, Sterling Silver band for her fiancé. I wasn't sure if he was going to have the time to do it as he had been so busy lately with commissions, especially with it being Wedding season, but I was very happy that he didn't mind squeezing it in for me. I got it a few days later and I love the satin finish, it just looks that little bit more special (my buckle would be quite cute with that finish too actually!)... and here it is!

..and here they are together, a really stunning pair.


Now, isn't it hot in London or what!

Post a Comment