Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Kerrykate.

Well, many of you will know by now, that I tend to mention ACEO's at (very) regular intervals!.. and here are my lovely and newest ACEO purchases by kerrykate!Kerrykate paints, designs and makes the most unique and 'vintage style abnormal' dolls. As soon as I spotted images of them as ACEO's in her shop, I didn't hesitate for a second! ..and I plan to get some more at a later date. In fact, I want them all and wish I'd at least got an extra two to fill the pages of my book up! To me, her style of work has high notions of Surrealism, something I found incredibly fascinating when my tutors introduced it to me when I was 17 and studying Art & Design at College. I actually did an acrylic painting on the subject, which I'm thinking of redoing as I was (and still am) so impressed with it! ... so at a later date, you may just see a Before and After of this aforementioned painting!I also loved how kerrykate named them. I have Elephant Sister, Zombie Nurse, Opium Poppy, Mrs. Woodhouse (Rosemary's Baby), Corset Doll, and Screaming Banshee. How fun! The back design of each card is also very beautiful. Make sure to check her shop out, you won't be able to help yourself from looking at everything! .. I am also contemplating to commission her to do a Clara Bow version of her dolls for me.. one day.
Post a Comment