Friday, 8 August 2008

Atonement.

So I finally watched this film! I was so busy when it was showing at the cinema and completely missed it, but as I am subscribed with LOVEFiLM, I eventually got it sent to me!

It was different to what I expected, it was a lot longer than most films, 3 hours I think, and it was also quite cleverly filmed... for example, a scene would be shown, and the same scene would be shown again, but from a different perspective. I didn't realise this was happening at the start and thought there was something wrong with the DVD! But I was quick to catch on! Also, it showed scenarios, that didn't happen, just scenarios that 'could've' happened, scenarios that 'would've' been nice if they happened. Am I totally confusing you? It was very clever though!

I thought there would be more clothing to analyse, as 'the green dress' was raved about so much, so I expected some more beautiful costumes. I'm not complaining though! Life isn't all about Fashion! The green dress was however, very beautiful, but I think it was over-rated and that it is only 'special' because Keira Knightley's character Cecelia was wearing it at such a crucial point of the entire film.

The little girl in the film, Briony (Saoirse Ronan), whose actions are formed around by the film, was played oh so very well, and oh so excruciatingly annoying and frustrating to watch. You have to watch it to know what I mean. She was the perfect girl for the role.

Overall, fantastic film, Keira Knightley and James McAvoy were brilliant, but it had such a sad ending. Although, isn't a bad thing, the film does make me realise that too many films have happy endings.

Post a Comment