Monday, 15 September 2008

Embellishment.

I recently added some notecards to my Etsy shop with my own fashion illustration of a modern flapper girl that I did at University and she has stuck with me ever since! However, a few days ago, I was looking at the dress she has on and thought of doing something different with it for another set of notecards.I quickly realised that I wanted it to sparkle exactly how dancing flapper girl dresses should! So why not literally add some crystals to it to help emphasize it even further!I originally embellished the entire dress, but found that it became a bit bulky for the notecards and made it difficult to write on the back. I also had plans to add some tiny feather plumes, literally making up the entire dress... but of course, this would make it even more harder to write on. I then decided on just having scattered crystals which I had to individually apply and I am so pleased with the results! The newly embellished notecards are available here and also comes with envelopes and stickers!I have reserved the idea of making up the whole dress, fully embellished, crystals and feathers, for something else that came very quickly to mind... which I will show as soon as it is done!
Post a Comment