Monday, 1 September 2008

New Artwork.

I've been using my rose, flamingo and other designs quite often for my handmade ribbon bound books, so I decided to work on some new artwork!I wanted to draw another animal, as the flamingo was the only one I currently had, and I also wanted it to have the same 'elegant-Nouveau' look that I had in mind when I first did the flamingo... and here it is!I chose to do a swan because they're just so beautiful, I guess I can see how they follow on from a flamingo and I can already see myself illustrating a peacock next!
The swan originally started off as a rough pencil sketch, just to get the shape in, then I copied it with ink and started filling all the other details... it was then scanned and cleaned up in Photoshop. I haven't put my illustration onto a book yet as the colours for the cover and ribbon are still undecided... I really would like to have a hint of white though but unfortunately, printers can't print white so I may just dabble a bit with collage this time... I'll keep you updated!
Post a Comment