Sunday, 28 September 2008

Swan Book.

I previously blogged about a new piece of artwork that I did consisting of a Nouveau-style swan which you can read about here and I planned to make it into one of my ribbon bound books...and here it is!My handmade books have always been rectangular and the body of the book always had torn edges, but for my new illustration, I wanted everything to be smooth and round. So I smoothed and rounded the edges of the entire book! Took a lot longer than usual, but I think it suits my illustration really well.I've called this one 'Periwinkle Swan' (available here) because of the shade of blue I have used, which I find is most complimentary on the silver card. I can't wait to further utilise my illustration in other colourways and I would love to read any suggestions!
Post a Comment