Friday, 12 September 2008

Vintage Strawberry.

I have been collecting vintage jewellery for a while now and you can see my blog entries of them here... and I would like to introduce my newest one!As soon as I saw this strawberry brooch on eBay, I bidded on it straight away, even though there were 6 days remaining until it ended. I didn't want to risk forgetting to bid on it closer to the time, as many times I have completely forgotten, and it's worse when it goes for a price lower then you would have actually bidded! I thought the way the little metal balls are used to depict the surface of a strawberry was so charming and I hadn't ever seen that detailing before. The size is also very big for a brooch, a similar size to a real strawberry, but those really plump and juicy ones!
Post a Comment