Sunday, 26 October 2008

August Rush.

I've been subscribed to LOVEFiLM for a while now... and had been thinking of ending my subscription as I was struggling with watching them as fast as I used to, therefore didn't feel like I was making full use of the £13/$26 monthly payment for unlimited DVDs!

...but then, a film I'd wanted to watch at the cinema was posted to me. August Rush. I'm glad I didn't watch it at the cinema, because it definitely falls under my 'too-cosy-to-watch-at-the-cinema' category.
I was quite impressed at how good it was... it was almost, magical... and I highly recommend it.

It stars Freddie Highmore, who is a really really good child actor. You may know him as Charlie, from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Spiderwick Chronicles.

He plays an orphan who believes his parents are still alive and are communicating with him through music. This is what I mean about it being 'magical' but without it being far-fetched. Well, some people could see it as being outrageously far-fetched, but I completely believed it all until the credits came rolling up and I snapped back into reality.

The film also stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Keri Russell. I found it a bit strange seeing Jonathan Rhys Meyers speaking in his own Irish accent, when I had previously been watching him a lot as King Henry VIII in The Tudors. I haven't seen many films with Keri Russell but I find her so beautiful and endearing to watch.

I have decided to hang on a bit longer to my subscription as I still have a few more films I'd really love to watch.

Post a Comment