Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Another Weekend, Another Dress.

I have been finding it harder and harder to find free time to make things for my Etsy Shop... which is due to being on an intense fashion internship, where I am actually working from 9am to about 7pm (even though 'home-time' is at 5:30, but I stay until I finish what I'm doing because I love it so much!)... and then it takes me about an hour to get home, then when I do, I am absolutely exhausted!
So, I decided to spend my weekends concentrating mainly on the clothing sector of my Etsy shop, which was becoming a bit neglected, and to at least finish one garment each time.

So far, it has been going quite well, and the 'Womenswear' section of my Etsy Shop, has now grown from 1 to 4! The weekend just gone, I finished this blue, plaid georgette tunic dress. It's short enough to be a top, but just about long enough to be a dress, which you would need to wear with thick tights or leggings! This one was quite easy to do as I had already made one for myself and it is quite a simple shape which is what I love so much about it, because I can wear it loose, or with a belt/piece of ribbon.

Unfortunately, I am away from home this weekend so won't be able to finish anything... which is such a shame as I recently bought some beautiful black crushed velvet fabric, and black polka dot tulle! I wanted to make some 'little black dresses', which I know is such a cliche, but I always end up wearing one when I can't find anything else to wear. So, because I only make things that I would use myself, I thought it would be important to include some in my shop, which is pretty much a reflection of my own, personal taste.

Post a Comment