Saturday, 15 November 2008

Busy Bee.

It seems that my advent calender pouches have been a hit for the Christmas run up and I've been busy making several sets! I think this is the longest time I have gone without blogging! So, I thought I'd give you all a sneak preview of two dresses I had been working on. I am so pleased with them, and should hopefully be putting them up for sale some time soon, along with the blouse in my previous entry!
The dress below is made from a hot pink crepe-de-chine fabric. The longest part of it was actually the bow, I played around with so many different ideas as I didn't want a traditionally tied bow.

So, I decided to incorporate my amazing button covering skills and embellished the bow with self-covered ones!
I was so happy with this dress design, which has a very deep scoop back (1920's influenced) that I attempted another with champagne coloured crushed velvet...

... and although it was tricky to sew, completely setting of my hayfever and sparking off a series of sneezes and a runny nose, I adored the outcome! I intend to do a black crushed velvet version too. I'd also love to read your suggestions for other colours this dress could look pretty in, maybe contrasting bow and contrasting buttons?!

Post a Comment