Friday, 21 November 2008

James Bond - Quantum of Solace.

I watched this a few weeks ago, shortly after it was released, and thought it was brilliant! There was action straight from the start and I loved the opening. Ever since I was very young, I always enjoyed watching the opening sequence, with the silhouettes of women dancing and slinking around in a juxtaposition of shapes and colours and so many more exciting things going on. I think it just reminded me of a high-fashion photoshoot! With Quantum of Solace, I wasn't sure if it would be the same as for the first few minutes, you only see Daniel Craig walking around on a desert. But then amazingly, you start seeing huge, moving female sand figures rising up from the desert and provoking him to fall over which is actually quite funny when I think about it.
I've also always loved the theme songs and for Quantum of Solace, it's a song called 'Another way to die' and is written by Jack White from The White Stripes which he performs with Alicia Keyes, I thought it was great, and really edgy, with a great video, which you can watch below! (Don't have your volume on too loud, because it's quite a loud start!)
However, my most favourite James Bond song is 'Live and Let Die', although 'Another way to die' does come a close second.
I'm not going to write much about the film, I think you just have to watch it, I don't need to convince you! The new Bond Girl, Olga Kurylenko was perfect for the role, and it was refreshing that she wasn't such a cliche. It was almost as if she had a story of her own in the film, she wasn't just a 'Bond Girl'. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spin-off film about her.
Post a Comment