Saturday, 6 December 2008

New ACEOs.

You only need to visit this link to see how crazy I am about collecting ACEOs. I've been interested in them for a while now, and my collection is getting bigger and bigger. They're simply pieces or art where the only rule is that they measure 2.5" x 3.5". I love the pocket size concept of it, which I assume has sprouted from my childhood love of competitively collecting Marvel and other Superhero cards with my older brother. I guess you can say that collecting ACEOs is the 'grown-up' version of this?Anyway, I recently received my latest purchase of ACEOs which I was incredibly excited about! I bought these lovelies from fellow Etsy seller The Brilliant Magpie who is actually someone I have already blogged about all the way back in January, you can read all about it here. She created the most beautiful original ACEOs, but unfortunately out of my spending range... so when I read that she was to start offering Limited Edition print versions of them on her blog, I jumped straight in!
I specifically love her art because a lot of it is 1920's inspired (my favourite decade) and I feel like each piece tells a story, it's very dramatic, and I love it! I adore my new ACEOs and will definitely be getting many many more! I must also make a point of her 'What's behind the Mask' illustration which you can see below on the right. It was this image in her avatar that I saw floating around on the Etsy forums that made me curious as the character and I just had to click into her shop.
Post a Comment