Saturday, 17 January 2009

Cameos. Part II.

After blogging for over a year now, I have noticed that I am quite consistent in my content because I often refer back to past blog entries, as they just happen to tie in with what I am currently blogging about... I quite like that, although I hope I am not becoming predictable! I do like to vary my entries.
So, this is of course a Part II entry on cameos. Part I is here if you want to read it.
It is my boyfriend's nan's birthday this month, and I wanted to get her something really really nice, because she is like a second mother to me. I decided to look on Etsy but nothing really popped out. I then checked my favourites and found this beautiful wall vase by dgordon.

It has an impressed image of a Gibson Girl (typical cameo imagery) which I thought was such a clever and unique idea! The background is then decorated with a lace pattern. I remembered that I had saved it many months ago for myself, but I just don't have anywhere to put it right now. Anyway, my boyfriend's nan absolutely loves cameos (just like me!) and really takes care of her house and garden, so I knew she would find a way to use and display it beautifully. It was shipped to me very quickly and I was blown away by the detail. I wanted to keep it for myself... don't you hate it when that happens!

When I eventually get my own place, I think I will kindly ask dgordon to make me 10 of these so I can line them all along a wall with a sweet little flower popping up from each one! Or, maybe I will get her entire Gibson Girl range - I love them!

Post a Comment