Sunday, 8 February 2009

Tutu.

Tutus have always been that one garment that I've never been bored of from when I first knew they existed to this current time... and I know it's the same for other women. I even love the word! So, I decided to develop some to sell in my Etsy shop. This was the result:It's only a toile, so it's a mixture of scraps of fabric i.e some tulle and cotton... I think I'd prefer doing a tutu all in one colour and one type of fabric, otherwise it can look a bit too theatrical. This was the first toile I did from drawing out the pattern, so I'm pretty impressed with myself that it's turned out correctly without me having to modify anything! Ignore the bodice, that was already on the stand as I'm trying to develop a new dress shape, but decided to leave it on to photograph the tutu as I thought they looked quite sweet together!I have some black polka dot tulle that I was saving to make a dress with, but due to time restraints and my desire to stock more garments in my Etsy shop, I'm going to use it to make some tutus instead! I'll let you know how it turns out!
Post a Comment