Sunday, 7 June 2009

Lost Butterflies.

LostButterflies is a shop on Etsy showcasing the art of Mehgan Trice. I had bought four pieces of art from her over a month ago and never got round to showing them off on my blog, so here they are!These two are called 'Remembrance' and 'Falling Away'. The first thing that caught my eye were the colours, I thought the red looked incredibly striking against the blue... and that cold-hued blue is my favourite colour if you haven't already realised. I also loved the nod to surrealism, specifically in 'Falling Away' where I pondered what those masks symbolised.I found 'Falling Away' very eerie, especially when I watched a video clip of her actually painting it, although the background music did provoke a lot of the eerie-ness! I absolutely recommend watching it as it is so mesmerising and is so lovely to watch it all coming to life. In fact, when I first came across Mehgan Trice's work, I thought it was digitally produced as it looked so perfect. You can watch her painting 'Falling Away' and other pieces here.These last two are 'The Bringer of Dreams' and 'Whispers in the Wind'. Something else I adored about this bundle I purchased were the characters. Who are they? Where are they from? I gave up trying to guess where Mehgan Trice got her inspiration from to create these beauties (which are just probably from her mind anyway!) and decided for myself that they were a re-adaptation of Eskimos, but the scenery plays most of the part in this theory. I can't wait to get some more of her art to add to my growing art collection!
Post a Comment