Saturday, 5 December 2009

Pepperminte.

I hadn't bought any art in absolutely ages and yearned to add to My Art Collection, so I started having a browse through my favourites and the Art category over on Etsy to see if there were any new artists around or anything I'd missed...and I came across Pepperminte.
I had seen her work a while ago but her art wasn't offered in smaller sizes, so I purchased from people who already did, just to make my life easy! However, this time, she was offering sets of her art in postcard sizes, which is the only size I now buy. The price was so good I couldn't resist buying a couple of sets, as you can see!They reached me very quickly and they were just incredibly beautiful. The detail was extraordinary such as a little heart tattoo on an arm, the perfect shade of red on lips and the perfect print on a perfect dress. I was in such awe!I mentioned the set of Christmas cards I purchased from Topshop last month featuring Fifi Lapin's illustrations, and I can most definitely see Pepperminte's illustrations going the same direction, and appearing in mainstream Fashion - if that is the direction she wants to take of course. Anyway, I have also been enjoying her blog which shows a lot of her new work which really is lovely to see. I can't wait to get some more of her art in the future, as there are so many more pieces I'd love!
Post a Comment