Sunday, 6 December 2009

Sonia Rykiel for H&M and V.I.P Day.

V.I.P Day in London stands for 'Very Important Pedestrian' which is when they clear Oxford Street of all vehicles. I wanted to go to the first one last year but had missed it so was quite keen on seeing what it was like this year (yesterday), especially as it coincided with the release of Sonia Rykiel's lingerie collection for H&M.
I thought it would be easier to navigate through Oxford Street without vehicles taking up half the street, but this time there were triple the amount of pedestrians also taking advantage of the day! There was such a strange calm while walking along the street and I hadn't realised just how noisy all the cars and buses actually were when they were there!!! There were also dancers in the street, people on stilts and a medieval-esque fair... it was quite surreal!!
Anyway, when I reached H&M, I was surprised at the amount of stock still left, I had expected everything to have gone as I had left home later than anticipated. There weren't many browsers either so I was able to get quite a clear shot of the main display. It was right at the entrance to the store with a small colour palette (which is always important for a small collection) of hot pink, black, dark nude and dusky pink. I was also surprised at how fair the prices were, which were not very different to the general H&M pieces. I went to try a corselette on a.k.a longline bra (my new fascination!) but I didn't notice the silly security tag that was fastened right on the hook and eyes until I was already in the changing room. I don't have patience with these sort of things at all so didn't end up buying anything. However, I found the corselette on the H&M website (1st image) so thought I would show how lovely it was anyway... and with matching high-waisted knickers - my dream lingerie pieces! Nevertheless, there will be a clothing range by Sonia Rykiel for H&M again in February 2010 which I look forward to seeing.
Post a Comment