Saturday, 9 January 2010

Anne Rice - The Vampire Chronicles.

Some of you may know that I have had a huge interest in Vampires since I was a child and one of the most memorable films I had watched was 'Interview with the Vampire' (Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Kirsten Dunst), which was released when I was 9. I never realised it was based on a book, written by Anne Rice until many years later, and I was keen on reading it, confident that it would be just as good as the film, if not better.
So, a few weeks ago, as I was cleaning out my purse, I came across a £40/$65 Waterstones voucher that was given to me for my birthday last year, and I had completely forgotten about it! Worried that it would have an expiration date, I quickly checked, and was relieved to find that I still had about 6 more months left to use it. However, I didn't want to risk forgetting about it again and used all of it on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles novels, starting with the first - Interview with the Vampire.Apart from that, I got 'The Vampire Lestat', 'The Queen of the Damned', 'The Tale of the Body Thief', 'Memnoch The Devil', 'The Vampire Armand', 'Vittorio The Vampire' and 'Merrick'.
I thought I had bought each book in chronological order (based on an Amazon review about the books), but I found this Wikipedia article about her books which has the correct order, so I will need to buy a few other books to slot in. I've already started 'Interview with the Vampire', which so far is fantastic, and I often find myself flashing back to the film for certain scenes that I remember quite well. I will give a full review once I finish it.
Post a Comment