Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part I.

I've caught up with the fashion collections I wanted to blog about from Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2010 and Pre-Fall 2010... so here are some of the current Fall 2010 pieces that I am really loving!The nude velvet and chiffon dress from the much anticipated Alexander Wang collection was the first piece I had seen and I assumed that the rest of the collection would run along the same look. However, I was wrong and it left me slightly disappointed. Apart from the jacket-cum-dress with irregular lace trimming and the sumptuous blood red velvet and lace dress, I didn't warm to the pinstriped outfits that seemed to dominate the collection. You can see the full collection here.I am always fond of seeing the Hervé Léger by Max Azria collection as the detail is always so precise and always amazes me. Hervé Léger is notoriously known for the 'bandage dresses' so I love seeing how it is updated each season.... and I was in complete awe when I realised that all the weaving was connected with bra strap adjusters...lots of them.Preen's collection was beautiful and had dresses that I would wear myself in an instant. The eggplant and black, twisted cutout dress is so clever and completely won me over in regards to the rest of the collection...it had definitely set the standard. The dotted tulle overlaid over a floral dress was also a favourite.
Post a Comment