Saturday, 20 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part III.

Isaac Mizrahi's collection completely stunned me. I hadn't paid much attention to his work before, but pieces like the encrusted blouse shown below makes you want to pay lots of attention! I love how the gunmetal plates are intricately placed on the entire bottom half and gradually the pieces become smaller, as if they are slowly shattering into crystallised shards. The other two dresses were just dazzling and again, shows his use of embellishment in a gradient effect, in this case with the larger beads starting in the middle and spreading outwards into much smaller beads. Also, remember that you can click on all my images for a larger viewing!I've always been fond of Anna Sui, with the way she mixes and matches her prints and her Arts and Crafts aesthetic...but, I had to single out the 1920's dresses that were shown at the end of her collection as the use of much larger - almost paillette sized - sequins made them look so much more newer in comparison to a typical 1920's flapper dress!Marchesa has never disappointed in regards to their eveningwear, the detail is spot on and always interesting to look at. In this case, I specifically took a liking to the full-skirted white dress with embroidered applique horses as the focal point! I didn't like Oscar de la Renta's Spring/Summer 2010 collection as I felt it was all very old looking...which I suppose isn't the greatest surprise as his customer base is very much the older woman. However, for Fall 2010, there were many pieces that looked much younger and I really appreciated all the details. My favourite garment was a floor-length gown with the most beautiful gold metallic, braid-like embroidery where each edge morphed into linear silver sequins.Proenza Schouler has to be one of the most significant collections as a whole so far. It's so memorable and really makes me want to wear leather! I've always liked leather, but personally, I found it to be such a difficult fabric to wear, unless it is a bag or a pair of shoes of course...however, Proenza Schouler has demonstrated (to me) how I should be wearing it! The bottom dress was my most favourite in the collection and I could see myself wearing it both in the day and at night!The 3.1 Phillip Lim collection had a slow start, but gradually became a very memorable show for me. Also, the best was definitely saved for last in the form of a rose pink silk dress with an exquisite embellishment on nude mesh sleeves. I can't stop looking at it!
Post a Comment