Sunday, 21 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part IV.

All my previous entries on the Fall 2010 shows have been shown in New York...and now I am on to the London shows! I also realise that I rarely use full length images in these entries as there are so many out there and Style.Com shows a lot of the collections. I find that the detailed shots are harder to find but can also be the most important, because for me...it's all about the details!First up are Unique, which is Topshop's high fashion range, created by their in-house Design team. I instantly loved what I saw, it was playful and even though the 'woodland' theme is so obvious for a Fall collection and it was very 'Where The Wild Things Are' ...I thought it was executed extremely well. The mushroom print dresses which were mixed with tulle and guipure lace were just adorable and certainly my favourite...and styling the outfits with thigh-high chunky cable knit socks and animal hats was just the 'icing on the cake'! The collection by Bora Aksu was so delightful! I found it refreshing and I particularly loved the frothy dresses in pastel colours. I don't usually like pastel coloured outfits but these were offset with such interesting details, such as the powder blue dress below with silver sequin covered tubes that it was a completely different league! I like to think that this is what a futuristic Tinkerbell would be wearing!Sass & Bide's collection was truly outstanding and I really struggled to filter out which images to show! The black and white palette was accented with gold and silver embellishments, but the most exciting element of the entire collection was the use of seashells! They were used in such a clever way and mixing them with the other embellishments stopped each outfit from looking overly tribal.
Post a Comment