Saturday, 27 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part IX.

Milan is truly blowing me away. There have been so many exciting shows so far! Moschino's diffusion line, Cheap & Chic was just a bustle of fun as the models were all acting as though they were huge celebrities walking out of a hotel which was an obvious promotion for the brand's new hotel in Italy! I will do a separate blog entry about this because the rooms are just spectacular! However, amidst all the 'OK' outfits, I did take a liking to this rose dress.No.21 is the new label name of Alessandro Dell'Acqua and as a whole collection, I thought it was really lovely. The colour palette was soft with interesting colour combinations such as a periwinkle blue dress, styled with a leopard print jacket... in my mind it doesn't work, but in vision, it did! I absolutely adored the scratchy bouquet prints which were accentuated with bugle bead embellishments.Roberto Cavalli's diffusion collection, Just Cavalli was crazy! Completely not what I would wear as there were too many prints and too many colours all mixed together into one outfit! However, I was able to pick 3 out of 46 outfits that I actually really liked and these were the 'most' simple ones in the collection. I especially liked the hip frill detail.

The first couple of outfits from Frankie Morello's collection with the structured, quilted looks slightly reminded me of Louise Goldin's collection (which I loved!), so I naturally took more of an interest. The idea of a rhinestone encrusted harness sounds dreadful, but styled against the casual black pieces, it just about works. There was also something about the black, glossy sequin bodycon dress worn under a torn t-shirt and oversized hooded jacket that looked so exciting!... and the mesh dress with pointy shoulders and accent rhinestones was just really beautiful and I hope to see it in future fashion editorials.I really liked the Spring/Summer 2010 collection by Dsquared² and was really looking forward to seeing what they did for Fall 2010...and at first, I was quite disappointed and hated the make up. However, the more I looked (while trying not to look at the faces!), the more I was liking it! There are really nice elements to a lot of the outfits, like the semi-rose fabric manipulation detail on this red leather dress and the black leather zip-through high-waisted skirt. Then I saw the rhinestone encrusted spine detail and I was won over. I think collections should be a mix of outfits that are utterly wearable (I mean, designers need to be able to sell some of it!) and some that don't necessarily need to be, but has to be amazing to compensate...such as the spine dress. Nevertheless, I could totally see Megan Fox wearing it!
Post a Comment