Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part VI.

I hadn't been overly excited by the Fall 2010 shows in London but there has been a bit of a turn around!
First up is Christopher Kane's beautiful collection that was predominantly made from black lace, black matte leather and black patent leather with colour being introduced through lovely floral embroideries. My favourite piece in the collection has to be the simple lace blouse with an embroidered leather collar. Later on into the collection, the embroideries morphed into an embellishment, which were close to looking seriously tacky as I don't think it was dense enough, and chunkier stones clustered together may have had a better look. Apart from that (although I do have a 'thing' about embellishments!), I really liked it!Antonio Berardi's collection was not as exciting as how I remember his collections to be... but, I think it may be because I am overly obsessed with velvet, dresses and embellishments! The majority of his collection was quite 'clean' looking, and then I saw the back of his very last dress! I wanted to see more of this!! However, I think the key to a good collection is to leave the viewer wanting more.Erdem are always fantastic at prints, but I took a particular liking to their grey lace dresses which had such beautiful embroidered detail!I'm seeing a pattern emerge while I've been doing my blog entries on the fashion shows... and I have discovered that I have a huge tendency to only like the last outfit! The one below is by Nicole Farhi and is just stunning.I really loved the collection by Marios Schwab! I adored how all the dresses were mini length but with long sleeves and an emphasis on the empire and waist lines. The lacing detail with oversized metal clips was a brilliant touch and you could really see that there was a lot of attention to the cut of each garment.Just for fun, here is a little something from Pam Hogg's collection! I just thought it was adorable!
Post a Comment