Sunday, 28 February 2010

Fall 2010. Part X.

Alberta Ferretti's collections never disappoint. I always know what to expect as she consistently keeps to her signature looks, but they still look fresh each time. A lot of the embellishments had aurora borealis stones which gives that strong vintage look that I always love and adds subtle hints of colour to the garments. There were also dresses covered in ribbon cornelli that just looked wonderful, such as the pale peach and black one I have featured below.
The silver embellished dress with the finest mesh just looks so dreamy and the embellishment on wispy mesh sleeves are reminiscent of the 3.1 Phillip Lim dress I featured in a previous entry. Overall, I loved every piece in this collection!I really liked Blumarine's concoction of tie-dyed pieces for Spring/Summer 2010 so I was keeping my eyes wide open for their Fall 2010 collection. Although I wouldn't personally wear a lot of the pieces shown, I actually found it pretty good and the caged rhinestones sprinkled into the fringed skirt was cute!Emporio Armani's customer is much older than I am so I often find his collections boring (as naturally, I like things that I could wear myself!) although I still really appreciate the small details such as the rose skirt (beautiful!) and rose dress. Having said that, there are so many rose details in a lot of the collections!The collection by Gianfranco Ferré started off slow for me (a lot of tailored pieces which I don't tend to pay much attention to!) but the last quarter was filled with luxurious, full-length caramel-coloured gowns with gold and bronze armour-like details which was really quite stunning. Although I quite liked the Fendi collection, admittedly, I liked the footwear a whole lot more! I just adored the cute little rubber toe caps and lacing detail!The Prada collection had some really nice elements such as the ruffled fabrics covering the bust and under-bust cut outs, but overall, it was too 'prim' for me...although the use of 'fuller' models was really refreshing to see. Also, I was completely smitten with the contrast cable knit tights!!!
Post a Comment