Sunday, 14 February 2010

Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2010.

I never got into the habit of blogging much about fashion shows as I do so much of it at work, and I hardly ever blog about work so that part of it seems to have been cut out completely... however, I think I will now start showing my favourite pieces (particularly the details) as a bit of eye candy wouldn't hurt!! Although the Fall 2010 shows already started, I wanted to play a bit of catch up in regards to the Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2010 and Pre-Fall 2010 shows first as there were many pieces I adored!
Jean Paul Gaultier's collection completely blew me away... everything was strong and completely to my taste! I loved the armour detailing and if there is ever going to be a second '300' film, this is what the women should be wearing!When the Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2010 collections had started to pop up on blogs and other websites, I saw the Chanel one the most... and I thought it was adorable! The frothiness and the embellishment was just delightful! I took a particular liking to the silver lurex tights.Valentino's collection surprised me as it usually looks quite sophisticated but I found this one to have a much younger aesthetic...and when I saw these two pieces, I imagined Pocahontas in the 1920's in another dimension! The make up was also beautiful.Armani Privé was a stunning collection. The fabrics were high tech, luminescent and gleamed in the colours of one of my favourite gems - aurora borealis. There was an obvious lunar eclipse/moon theme with sweet little crescent-shaped pins on many of the garments, crescent-shaped earrings, and everything was just 'soft' and 'round'. I read somewhere that Anne Hathaway had her eye on the above dress and I can absolutely see her wearing that on the red carpet!

So, there we go... my favourite pieces from Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2010. I rather enjoyed doing it and will definitely continue! My Pre-Fall 2010 entry is up tomorrow as I really want to start getting stuck in with the Fall 2010 shows! Also, you can always visit Style.com to see the full collections for free.
Post a Comment