Monday, 15 March 2010

Embellishing.

If you've been following my blog, you will know that I adore embellishment! So, when I was rummaging around a Topshop sale a few months ago, and found this jersey corset for £3/$5 (yes £3!!) which I instantly planned to embellish!I already had many studs and stones stashed away, so I started to select two sets of what I wanted to use as I wanted to embellish the bust cups. I decided that with the jersey corset being in grey marl, I wanted the embellishments to be in a silver tone as I felt it was most complimentary so there was a mix of silver studs, acrylic faceted glass sew-on stones, a tiny amount of bronze studs (so it didn't look too shiny with all the silver!) and some mini pink and green caged stones. Although, if I ever find a grey marl jersey corset again in the future, I will definitely challenge myself to use something different!After the embellishments were selected, I started to apply all the big ones first to ensure that they were equally dispersed. I have to admit that it took a lot longer than I thought it would, especially when I started adding the smaller ones which didn't really seem like they were filling up any space for the first 15 minutes! I was so chuffed with the finished result, it was exactly what I wanted to achieve and I hope it is an inspiration to do some embellishing! I also think I used approximately 350 beads/stones/studs!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe keep it for styling purposes in my Etsy Shop or I might even sell it at a later date - I will mention it on my blog if I decide to!
Post a Comment