Saturday, 13 March 2010

Fall 2010. Part XV.

Paris Fashion Week has been so exciting and the Balenciaga collection completely blew me away! The colours were undeniably refreshing and incredibly innovative. I took a particular liking to the perforated fabric dresses in sorbet shades and the mint coloured loafers!Ann Demeulemeester's collection was entirely her. It was dark, but with beautiful tailoring. However, I absolutely adored the braided cording which was presented in the most unlikely places and gave the collection that 'edge' that made me want to talk about it!The collection by Anne Valérie Hash was soft, relaxed and the pieces that really caught my eye were these two outfits with a distorted frogging pattern in cornelli. It was such a small, simple detail but it looked exceptionally new and with a nod towards militarian femininity.I always adore the collections by Hussein Chalayan as you just never really know what to expect, but you know it's going to make you say 'wow' regardless of it! There were many themes in the collection but I found the full-length glittered dresses most exciting and styling them with 'mirage' glasses was almost exhilarating!
Post a Comment