Sunday, 25 April 2010

Sneak Peek ASOS Press Day - AW10.

I attended the ASOS AW10 Press Day last week and it was so exciting!! There were several mannequins with the sweetest head accessories and the presentation made me feel as if I was in an exhibition looking at couture garments, rather than at a commercial retailer's Press show. The exaggerated hip waffle cream dress was just adorable, especially styled with the fur scarf and the midnight blue maxi dress with quilted shoulders was completely nostalgic.There was a black on black embellished dress which was stunning and reminded me of the motherboard inside computers which then reminded me of the 2nd installment of 80's film Tron which is being released in December this year! I can't wait to see it as I constantly watched the first one as a child and this dress is something one of the actresses should be wearing to the premier! The ivory beaded dress below had a strong glamorous-vintage aesthetic to it but is something I would feel confident enough to wear at any time especially as it is styled here with more of a daytime feel. The shoes did not surprise me, I knew they would be lovely but I particularly liked a pair of black shearling-cuffed boots!I spent a lot of time looking at the jewellery as it was so detailed and intricate but I was completely smitten with a silver stud encrusted headband and spiked necklace which I will post photos of, along with other photos of my favourite pieces in a follow up entry in a couple of months time!
Post a Comment