Saturday, 24 April 2010

Fall 2010. Part XXI.

I'm close to reaching the end of my reviews on the Fall 2010 fashion shows and I think it was about time I published Alexander McQueen's collection as it was one of my most favourites! Many sources have also stated that the collection was only "80% complete" before he died.
I love all things historical so it was natural that this collection would interest me. The intricate embroideries, the fabric manipulations and the prints were so beautiful such as the dress below where subtle angel wings are printed onto the sleeve.
The red and gold embellished column dress was one of my favourite pieces from the collection and the gold feathered outfit was reminiscent of his beautiful swan-inspired dress from a past collection.After loving the use of black patent leather in the collections by Prada and Christopher Kane, I was keen to see even more, and Karl Lagerfeld gave me just that! They were predominantly in the form of slimline trousers, skirts, and some even had a layer of silk chiffon over them which gave it a smoked-sheen look. The embellishment was beautiful and although the 1960's is my least favourite decade, I didn't mind it coming through in the styling here.
The Emanuel Ungaro collection was extremely commercial and one of the most ready-to-wear collections this season. It mainly consisted of dresses in pleated and draped styles which were very sweet. I sometimes find Ungaro to be a bit garish, but I really liked this collection.The Cerruti collection really surprised me because I didn't think I would like it this much! But I hadn't realised that it was designed by Richard Nicoll, whose collection I also liked but completely forgot to mention! I promise I will be more organised for Spring/Summer 2011! I particularly adored the peachy mohair knits and draped leather dress in a colour that I would never imagine could look nice - but it did!
Post a Comment