Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Clothes Show London 2010

A few weeks ago I was kindly invited to attend the Clothes Show London. When I was a teenager, I used to go to The Clothes Show which was always held in Birmingham, but I think it has only recently been held in London - which makes sense seeing as London is a Fashion hub...so I jumped at the chance to watch a fashion show and check out any new and exciting brands.I was most excited about watching the fashion show as I've always loved how they mix dancing into it...so, when the introduction started out in an oriental-esque theme, with female dancers in kimonos...I knew it would be good!
When the lead dancer whipped off her kimono, revealing a gold jumpsuit, it was very clear what they were portraying - Kill Bill....which happens to be a favourite of mine and is one of the best female-friendly action films!This was all very exciting and the music was suiting. It was very cheesy, but that's what probably made it so entertaining. Overall, I wasn't very impressed with the clothes shown on the catwalk and much preferred the dancing...or maybe the dancing was so good that it made the clothes look dull - who knows?
After the show, I browsed the shopping area which consisted of stalls with several brands, many recognisable...one which included Kit Kat! They had their own little cafe area which I unfortunately forgot to take a photo of, but it consisted of red seating etc etc... I'm sure you can just imagine it! There were also free samples of their new chocolate 'Kit Kat Senses®' which was very yummy!...but reminded me of Ferrero Rocher.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the event and would happily go again, especially as it is in London! Thanks for the invite!
Post a Comment