Friday, 2 July 2010

Resort 2011. Part IV.

These three dresses from the Vionnet Resort 2011 collection are stunning! I loved the pleated fabric used in the first one, the chocolate coloured slinky dress surprisingly works and the cut-out detail on the last navy one is beautiful. I also thought the use of colour was clever as they're traditionally quite 'day-like' but they looked lovely styled in an evening way.I don't have much to say about the Nina Ricci collection because all you have to do is look at it! It needs no explanation and the garments used here are pretty much the epitome of the brand...pure femininity.I thought the Preen collection was understatedly stunning and the model did the brand a lot of justice. The limited colour palette was beautiful and the slither of sunshine yellow in an off-shoulder maxi dress was just 'wow'!The Miu Miu collection was fun and flirty but it looked more like a Sonia Rykiel and Moschino hybrid collection. Nevertheless, I still liked it and the colour palette was yummy!The cherry blossom pink, monochrome and animal prints all in one collection shouldn't work but it looked fantastic in the Giambattista Valli collection. I thought this was a wonderful move on from the last collection and I just can't wait to see the Spring/Summer 2011 collection!!!
Post a Comment