Monday, 20 September 2010

Spring 2011. Part V.

To kick off my favourite Spring 2011 London collections is Mary Katrantzou. Her prints have always excited me and although they often look similar, I am still blown away by her pieces. I don't usually like pastels, but loved them here...and her literal lampshade skirts were so fun!The Topshop Unique collection surprised me. I really wasn't expecting what I saw, but I liked it! It started off with a 70s gothic rock theme although still very soft and feminine then it became quite whimsical and very pretty.The Charles Anastase collection was so feminine and the epitome of a Spring collection. I particularly liked the sheer midi length dress embellished with clusters of pastel flowers. The super-high wedges with ostrich straps stopped the collection from looking overly twee.Julien Macdonald's collection looked like a continuation of his last, but I think the fact that it was shown in the same venue provoked this notion. The super-short dresses were adorable and the lingerie detailing didn't bore me even though it has been around for quite a while now.
Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment