Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Spring 2011. Part VI.

I always love the Antonio Berardi collections and was slightly disappointed with his Spring 2011 show, although he completely redeemed himself towards the end. I could not get enough of the nude and silver combination, I would never have thought it could work so beautifully... and the tea-rose pink gown with mini tulip embellishments was stunning...and on closer viewing, I bet the hem was cut off right before the model stepped onto the catwalk - great call, I love the look of raw chiffon!Michael Van Der Ham's collection was definitely my cup of tea. It had a homespun feel to it, like he had gathered a ton of amazing vintage dresses, cut them up, and collaged them all back together again...but it looked so fresh and modern! I specifically loved the clutches which were embellished with shard-like jewels!When the Clements Ribeiro collection came out, my friend had emailed me to say how much it reminded her of me which made me quite keen to see it. However, I wasn't crazy about it but I could see why she thought I would like it. The florals are very nicely juxtaposed without the slightest hint of a clash and the matching footwear made the collection look quirky - and quirky is just what I like!I have noticed that the Christopher Kane collections are often a hit-or-miss with my friends and colleagues but I have constantly loved his work. Although slightly disappointed (a first) with his 2011 collection, I liked the idea behind it. The lace dresses with unfinished hemlines reminded me of Mulberry tissue paper and the Japanese tattoo prints sat nicely with the neons. I absolutely hated the presence of argyle patterned sweaters which I couldn't bear to show, they just seemed so random and possibly played a big part in why I did not like this collection as much as I usually would. Also, and as always, the footwear was hideous, something I often notice in his collections, but his garments are usually strong enough for me to look past them.
Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment