Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Spring 2011. Part VII.

Starting with my favourite Milan shows is Prada. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was one of the most refreshing collections I had seen so far and it is so hard to do stripes without it looking nautical. I didn't get a sense of nautical-ness at all! The 1920s fingerwaved hair was the 'oh my god' moment for me, it was just so perfect! I surprisingly loved the colour palette which I wouldn't usually but it really worked, especially mixed in with intricate and quirky prints such as the little monkeys! This collection is definitely one of my favourites and I can see it becoming incredibly influential.Next up is Sportmax, which like many other collection was slightly disappointing...until I reached the end. The idea of 3D lace butterflies would usually make me sick but for some strange reason look adorable here. I think the fact that they are in bright red and white makes it work, it would probably look really tacky if they were done in pastels and would look as though they came straight out of a Clinton's Card. (-when are they ever going to shut down?)Alberta Ferretti never fails to impress me. Her collection this season was beautiful as usual but also had a sense of decadence which I haven't seen from her before, as her gowns are usually so luxurious...but I liked it!
Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment