Sunday, 26 September 2010

Spring 2011. Part X.

Anything that I see on the catwalks that makes me do a triple-take has to make it onto my blog(!) such as this weird and wonderful head/face piece as seen in Francesco Scognamiglio's collection. I think it was what I loved most about the collection in addition to the first couple of dresses which looked really fresh and I particularly liked the tonal embellishment. These dresses are not an indication of what the collection is about at all otherwise I would have shown some more, in fact everything else that follows it doesn't really relate at all.When I saw the first few pieces from the Jil Sander collection, I definitely had a 'WOW' moment. I absolutely adored the idea of a simple t-shirt worn with an amazing structured skirt...I'm sure this has been done before (like everything else) but this is certainly the first time I have really taken notice of it.The colours were beautiful and I would never have thought magenta, forest green and royal purple would look so stunning blocked together...same with orange and royal purple! One of my favourite pieces from the collection was definitely the cherry-blossom pink strapless shin-skimming dress.I've never noticed Gabriele Colangelo's collections before (no idea about the history of the label either) but I thought some pieces were effortlessly beautiful.
Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment