Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Beauty Review: Soap & Glory Night in Shining Armour Cream.

To continue with my reviews on Soap & Glory products while I attempt to make my way through their entire range - is the 'Night in Shining Armour Cream' which of course is a night cream. However, I've been buying without really reading what they are and I have literally just found out that it is an anti-wrinkle night cream! I have always felt funny about using anti-wrinkle creams when I don't feel that I need them yet...but I've been doing so unknowingly for a month!So, for peace of mind, I did some Googling on this matter and came across TheBeautyBrains.com which seems like a pretty reliable place for information on beauty products, and in regards to whether you can still use anti-wrinkle creams even if you don't have wrinkles, their response was:

"YES, you can use it even if you don’t have wrinkles. If you don’t have any, you’ll just get nicely moisturized skin.
(Wouldn’t that be weird – if wrinkle creams caused wrinkles? It’s like that old joke – if you plant grass seed to grow grass, what do you grow when you plant bird seed?)
Ouch, that’s a bad joke! Why did I just type that? It sounds more like the Left Brain’s sense of humor!"

...which I guess makes perfect sense because yes, it would be really weird if wrinkle creams caused wrinkles! So, back to the product!
I think my skin is quite good so something amazing needs to happen for me to actually notice it, and I didn't notice this in the first two weeks...although, it is the first cream I have used at night that is actually still on my face by the next morning, so it definitely has staying power and my skin did feel extra moisturised - but not enough for me to spend £12 on 50ml again..so I stopped using it as I contemplated giving it to my mother to use instead.
However, one evening when my skin was feeling horribly polluted (which is common when you work in London), dull, and dehydrated...I decided to give it another go as it had a lot of work to do this time! I was really surprised the following morning as my skin looked super smooth and my pores had shrunken. It definitely redeemed itself! I continued using it and I can see a difference in my skin.
Nevertheless, there are many more night and 'overnight repair' type creams out there that I want to try out first before I commit to any so I won't be repurchasing the Soap & Glory one when it runs out...although I would still recommend it as it may surprise you!

One last thing, I really loved the packaging!! I loved how it was quite plain in comparison to the packaging of their other products and the tub had a lovely pearlised finish to it.

Additional comment - added on 8th January 2011
I finished the tub last week and am now on my second... the more I was using it, the better it seemed and realised that I didn't really give it much of a chance! I think this may potentially become 'the' night cream for me! So, unless I see a cream I want to try that is on sale or if I get it as a gift, I'll be sticking with my 'Night in Shining Amour' for now!
Post a Comment