Saturday, 30 October 2010

Jacket Customisation.

My 'Tutorials and Ideas' category is one of my favourite subjects to cover on my blog, but I haven't done one in almost 4 months, so I decided to put aside my Film and Beauty reviews for now while I get this one typed out and published!
I've wanted a quilted shooting jacket for a while now and being petite, I wanted one that was slightly fitted and shaped, rather than a boxy one. So when I came across a black one on ASOS.COM, I snapped it up! However, when it arrived and I tried it on...I felt that I needed to do something to it, which seems to be a case with many things that I buy!I can't remember where the inspiration came from, but I loved the idea of embellishing with something in the same colour so that it was there, but in a subtle way. I instantly thought of using black chain and purchased several different ones off eBay!I then proceeded to drape the chains along the shoulders of the jacket in a snake-like way as the chains were so long, and held them in place with pins. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be! After I was happy with the placement, I then simply hand-stitched the chain to the jacket every few inches to secure them and very happy with the results!It has been a few months since I embellished my jacket and as I often carry two bags on both shoulders, some of my stitching has loosened, prompting some of the chains to just hang as they please...but I actually don't mind! This is such an easy way to customise a piece of clothing and also completely unisex! If you do attempt to do this, please let me know as I'd love to see it!
Post a Comment