Sunday, 3 October 2010

Spring 2011. Part XV.

My jaw dropped when I saw Gareth Pugh's Spring 2011 collection. His previous ones have usually floated past my attention but this one has definitely got it! From the very first outfit, I could have cried from delight that someone had done a ninja/samurai themed collection...which I think is derived from the fact that I have been watching a lot of martial arts films!
There have been plenty oriental themed collections but many of them have taken the feminine route, and I was desperate to see something a bit edgier! However, I have no idea if that is where the inspiration is from, but I was glad to see it and if it was the styling that made me think this, then be it!
The first part consisted of beautifully cut garments in washed greys with armour-esque details such as the panelling on the trousers of the first outfit (also reminiscent of an Acne collection).Black was then slowly introduced into the collection which looked very slick but the optical illusion prints slightly annoyed me because I have never liked them! However, this was only noticeable on 3 or 4 outfits and I was so mesmerised by everything else that it didn't bother me as much as it may have.Then, the most amazing part of the collection arrived where silver outfits with slicing details appeared. This was 'Sci-Fi Samurai' in my eyes and if the final outfit was styled with a Katana, I would have felt that this collection was purely made for me!! This will definitely be one of the most memorable Spring 2011 collections for me, how could you forget it!?I've never noticed Amaya Arzuaga's collections before, but I certainly liked what I was seeing for Spring 2011! The sculpted mini dresses were delightful and the silhouettes in general were just so interesting!My favourite piece in her collection was the very last dress in rose-pink which looked quite strange from the front (which I think was because I couldn't see any hands or arms!) but had a stunning back!
Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment