Sunday, 10 October 2010

Spring 2011. Part XX.

Sarah Burton's collection for Alexander McQueen was beautifully executed although it was clearly so much more feminine, commercial and less severe - with the latter being what I enjoyed seeing the most from Alexander McQueen and also because it would be extremely hard for the High Street to copy! Nevertheless, the collection still looked very natural and it's nice that she hasn't 'copied' his style but instead embracing it and mixing in her own notions. I adored the lattice plaits and the toe-cap boots were also very lovely but very mainstream and I can see these being copied in an instant!While on the subject of footwear, I also loved the butterfly ones with sculptured platforms which again, I thought were actually quite commercial. I can guarantee that these butterflies are going to decorate the toes of all sandals and flip flops next Summer!!
One of my favourite dresses was a black tooled-leather dress in dozens of vine leaf shapes and cinched tightly at the waist with pirate-esque buckles!Naturally, all the best pieces are saved for the last moment of the show and these dresses were stunning. The ashened-lilac feather dress was reminiscent of a swan dress by McQueen for his Fall 2009 collection and it was truly beautiful!
Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment