Monday, 7 February 2011

Haute Couture SS11. Part I. Armani Privé.

My most favourite areas in Fashion are dresses and embellishment - and I get an abundance of this in the Haute Couture shows, so I am always super excited when they come out!
This entry was actually supposed to just showcase all of my favourite couture shows, but as I looked through them, Armani Privé was too amazing and I couldn't filter down my favourite looks so this entry is dedicated just to that collection which I felt as though it was made for me!The strong Sci-Fi aesthetic blew me away especially with the UFO shaped headwear which was both amusing and genius! The fabrications were stunning and I especially loved the charcoal & black colourways mixed with metallic green, a common combination in Alien/Predator-type films! The silver fabrics were just as amazing, almost looking like liquid which was slightly hypnotic as many of the silhouettes were very structured! This collection must have looked stunning live!On to my favourite area - embellishment! I loved the scale effect of this dress which I can't tell if it is a fabric or just fantastic sequins - although I think it is the latter!I loved the cutout dress with a flash of sequins and lined in metallic red...the use of colours was simply brilliant! I also adored the last couple of looks with the models wearing face-nets encrusted with crystals. Definitely one of my most favourite collections of all time!
Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment