Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Fall 2011. Part II.

Following on with my favourite Fall 2011 fashion collections is Rodarte.. which was just stunning! I have been loving everything they have been doing in the past few seasons and they just seem to be getting better and better. I completely fell in love with the encrusted Byzantine cross dress, it was definitely my favourite look!The colour palette was also so beautiful and ethereal with wheaty tones (and literal prints!), periwinkle blues and a pop of cherry red was surprising, but really worked!I adored the styling, especially the brass concertina fan hair pieces and the set had a wonderful Sci-Fi element to it (this might just be me!) and reminded me of The Wizard of Oz.Next is Preen, which like Rodarte, is getting better and better! I love the colour palette of olive, navy, cobalt and grey which is so understated, but offset with wonderfully quirky geometric prints, embellishment and silhouettes.The Marc Jacobs collection was absolutely adorable!! I loved the overuse of spots which was evident in fabric weaves, embellishment, print and in all the accessories! I can see many girls sporting the spotty tights this Winter!
Like I have previously mentioned, I love embellishment and I thought the dusky mauve dress with rubber pailettes was such a great and new way of doing this!Last for this entry is J.Mendel, which I was so impressed with! I always knew it to have wonderfully beautiful pieces as I have blogged about this label in the past. However, I had never seen it as 'edgy'...but I totally loved this slight shift in the handwriting!Everything was still soft, fluid and feminine but the tattoo-like embellishment blew me away! It was completely unexpected but now completely memorable!
Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment