Saturday, 19 February 2011

Fall 2011. Part IV.

I previously blogged about my favourite New York fashion collections, and now I'm onto London! I went to the Felder Felder, Bora Aksu and Ashley Isham shows on Friday and here are some of my photos! Sorry, I don't have the greatest camera for photographing motion, but you sort of get the gist!Felder Felder was slightly disappointing especially in regards to the print which looked a bit dated. I didn't feel completely satisfied when it finished and wished there were more 'WOW' pieces. However, there were some brilliant elements such as the use of feather (I'm really feeling feathers!!) and I loved the midnight blue colourations. There was also a graphic floral embellishment which looked really modern, although I think could have been pushed further. Overall, it was still great to be at the show!
A 15 minute dash then took me to the Bora Aksu show where I took the worst photos ever, these two were the best out of an awful bunch! I really loved this show, and I will be featuring it again with the professional photos once I go through the other London shows!As I was going through my photos, I thought the one below was pretty funny as it seems like the lady sitting in front of me is getting a much better photo on her phone, then I am with my camera!Lastly, the Ashley Isham show!! I knew I would like this but being there in person just made it ten times more exciting! The show kicked off with Adele's song 'Rolling in the Deep' which I hadn't fully heard until that moment, and it's actually a brilliant song, especially as I had never really paid much attention to her before (I tend to just listen to 70s/80s music!)!I also spotted Paloma Faith and Kimberley Walsh (Girls Aloud) sitting front row and I felt so naughty taking their photos, but they both looked great!The theme for Ashley Isham's collection was 'The Enchanted Forest' and you could absolutely see this! I loved the theatricality of it and oriental elements such as the chopstick headpieces! The look below was one of my most favourite, it was a forest green off-shoulder mini dress...and if I had not seen it in person, I would not have known that it was printed velvet! Just adorable!
Post a Comment