Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Haute Couture SS11. Part II.

Following on from my favourite Haute Couture SS11 collections is Givenchy. I honestly nearly weeped with delight when I saw this because it was just so beautiful. I haven't included detail photos because quite frankly, they're not needed. As a whole collection, it is perfect..especially with the head pieces..which I recognise from an animation, but I can't think of it at all! If anyone knows, please enlighten me! The mix of sheer, feathers, applique, beading and strong oriental aesthetic is just amazing and the neon details are unexpected. This is definitely couture at its best.
Next is the Christian Dior collection which many people feel is repetitive but I never tire of it. I absolutely loved the ombréd details created with tonal net and sinimay fabrications...and as always, make-up and styling was stunning.The griege dress with pale-turquoise chantilly lace beautifully laid over to again, create a subtle ombré effect was so beautiful and very inspirational for colour. Overall, if you're looking for eye candy in collections, Christian Dior is the one you want!
Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment