Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Fall 2011. Part XI.

I was so surprised at how much I loved the Missoni show, as I rarely ever mention the label...but everything was so stunning! I loved how the colours were typically Summer colours, but they were used on Autumn silhouettes! The powder pinks, pistachios, lavender and Tiffany blue looked delicious and the unpredictable presence of snakeskin made it all look very interesting!! My favourite outfit is definitely the tiered feathers in a concoction of colours!I have always liked Versus (which is the diffusion line of Versace) but ever since Christopher Kane was taken on board to design for the line, it has definitely stepped up a level! Although a lot of the outfits look very similar to each other (also evident in his own collections), I still adored them all as I don't really mind seeing different versions of the same idea! The mostly black palette looked sophisticated without looking too old due to sexy necklines, sheer panelling and my favourite part, the use of glitter as an embellishment! The geometric motifs were beautiful and the corsetry lines were really flattering on the body....I also just LOVED the glittered platforms!!Next is the collection by Aquilano.Rimondi which I found very memorable this season due to the high 1920s influence! The colour palette consisting of neutral and tobacco tones, buttercup yellow, chartreuse and the baby blue was a surprise but brightened up the palette! The oversized houndstooth print and embellishment was lovely and the use of metallic fabrics made it all very eye-catching!

Images from Stylesight.com and Style.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment