Thursday, 10 March 2011

Fall 2011. Part XV. Lanvin.

Lanvin is definitely one of my most favourite collections this season. It completely blew me away right from the start. The staging reminded me of Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp/Christina Ricci) and I loved the unexpected Amish hats which gave the collection a different edge to what I am used to seeing. Silhouettes were sleek and I adored the use of metalwork as edgings and statement neck pieces...there was almost an air of Steampunk to some of these which looked mechanical and industrialised.There were a lot of coats in the first half of the show (which of course is expected seeing as it is an Autumn collection!) and I couldn't wait to see more dresses. I was surprised at the incorporation of knitwear into some of these styles, but liked them! I also thought it was fitting to have a rose-printed dress seeing as there were many rose-referenced metalwork prior to that. The rose-ombre print was particularly pretty!This rose necklace is so beautiful and effortless, I just loved the way it simply hooks over the neck!
As the end of the collection was approaching (which usually has the most exciting pieces), true Lanvin dresses appeared and the colour palette stepped up a level with fruity colours and the hair pieces were adorable! I also loved the encrusted floral cuffs which gave a real feel of luxury especially when mimicked on shoes and other neck pieces. Overall, this collection is amazing and very memorable!

Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment