Saturday, 12 March 2011

Fall 2011. Part XVI.

My colleagues all felt that Haider Ackermann's collection was a 'winter version of his last'...I slightly agree with this but I feel that this is the case with many other designers. I think it's natural to be influenced by your last collection and to expand on the ideas to suit the season. Nevertheless, I just loved this collection! It reminds me of tough female characters in computer games like Lara Croft...I wouldn't be surprised if one of the models whipped a pistol out from under her belt...it was soft and severe all at the same time and I've been trying to think of a better word to describe this collection than the one I immediately had in my head, but I can't, so I'm just going to say it. This collection is bad-ass, and that, I like.Next up is Loewe. I wouldn't say the collection was amazing but everything was so wearable, and although I love seeing the outrageous during Fashion Week, I still like to see things that I would wear myself, which is why I took an instant liking to Loewe. The leather looked so soft, the silhouettes were flattering and lastly, the jet embellishment onto leather was lovely!!


Images from Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment